Monday, July 24, 2006

Huge Rally On Lower Volume; Bulls Still Haven't Proven Anything.

Today was a very strong day for the markets with stocks making huge gains. However, the volume fell across the board and there wasn't much leadership other than defensive sectors. This could be the start of an attempted rally but more time will be needed before it is proven.

It was a great day today but the trend is still down on the Nasdaq and SP 600. The SP 500 is in better shape but it isn't in a good techincal picture either. If you haven't read my last 10 post please do. It will go over EVERYTHING technical about this market.

It was a good day but don't start buying everything you see ticking up. I am sure we are not done on the downside by just the simple action in the indexes.

Please, once again, read the last 10 post it will put this market in perspective.

I apologize about the extremely short post. Today was a bad day. Maui lost wireless internet and cell phone connections, westside Maui lost internet cable connection, and I sliced my finger open today. That along with my account taking a hit makes this one of the worst overall days of the year for me.

I think it is just best to wrap it up and get on with tomorrow. Great luck out there and stay positive. I know I have to!

New Swing Longs: IGT BOT SZE DUCK--to see the charts of longs and shorts go to Investors Paradise.

New Swing Shorts: STLD

Longs Outperforming: ABFS AKAM-96 UARM RNST BWP OMNI-151 IHS-56 CTIC-72 ITG JTX HSR-66 DGX TRMA PAY-33 HMSY VLG CXW BIDU CVO-118 TYL DDS GEF DLP PMTR-77 SEIC TTG

Shorts Outperforming: MEOH ULTI DSL WTFC AF FWLT

Stocks On Radar Screen: DIGE IMA BFIN BID RBN GGI

18 comments:

Y.Y. said...

wow IP just vanished
whats up with that?

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

Don't know. Makes me lose all confidence in them.

This better just be an accident and not a total destruction of whatever happened.

Don't worry. Iam never unprepared.

This, hopefully, is just an accident. LOL.

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

Go market go market go.

Y.Y. said...

hope if and when IP gets back online hopefully they restore all the insightful comments

Anonymous said...

that is bogus...can't believe they lost the site...I am wondering if we've posted too many comments!

GO MKT GO!

Josh looks like we are losing our little friendly bet!

Y.Y. said...

yep im way ahead now lol

Y.Y. said...

just covered my SPX bout 20 minutes ago couldve booked a 50 point profit oh well i still got out 9 points ahead GRRRRRRRRRR....

Anonymous said...

Nasdaq can't muster more new highs than new lows today...troubling.

Anonymous said...

I can't even log in. Is anyone else having this problem? I did notice the comments on Josh's board drastically outnumbered the comments on any other board, so maybe you have something, Market.

Still no strong breakouts today, and volume is probably going to come in under the 50 day. Sucky market - nothing to go long in, but I am stopped out of shorts too.
Yuck.

Mac

Y.Y. said...

SPX now above 200 dma on higher volume

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

Cash is king!

Very nice close for the markets though.

maybe I will have some more charts now.

Somehow, I doubt it and I go by what I posted at IP....oh yeah. I hope you read it while it existed. roflmao.

Y.Y. said...

i believe IP pulled the plug on you as the other message boards on there still works

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

That can't be possible because DeMerchants account is also gone. Also if you look at the stats page it is one day old at the bottom and new members stop at the 18th. Since then 19 have signed up.

So it is deeper. They would never pull the plug on me. I am their only possible way to ever make money.

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties and are working to fix the problem. Please be patient. In the mean time until Joshua's Board is fixed, please feel free to respond on this thread, or on the other areas of the message board, which we will continue working hard on.

Yours truly,
DeMerchant

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

http://www.investorsparadise.com/b-JoshuaControl/

Anonymous said...

Very nice close...volume closed higher...but there wasn't that explosion of buyers...but nice move.

We'll see.

Anonymous said...

I can log in...i log in automatically everytime i go to the site...

email DeMerchant at

justindemerchant@hotmail.com

If you can't log in.

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

A hacker destoryed my forum and ruined me and DeMerchants account.

Not sure why we were targeted but they tried to destroy other data.

So far that is all I know.

Who knows why they did it. Only person I could think of that would want to would be Johann. I doubt he did that.