Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Markets Consolidate It Lighter Volume; Pre-Holiday Trading Coming Up

Today, the waves on the North Shore of Hawaii were going off and I got a little too much sun. I am paddling out early in the morning so I will not have time to write commentary tonight. Double overhead for a couple of hours, twice a day, is a hell of a workout. Here are the sites I check every morning before I paddle out.

www.omaui.com
www.surfnewsnetwork.com
www.hawaiiweathertoday.com

New Swing Longs: IVAC GBN MCF

Longs Outperforming Market: PETS-95% EMKR-74% GGR-61% NRPH-57% PNRG NXTP ANST PRTR ASTE OMCL NOVL DDD DEZ DSGX ORA ICTG

New Swing Shorts: MLM LIN

Shorts Outperforming Market: NCX VRNT BAP RSH

Stocks On Radar Screen: IHS SMDI DPTR ONXX CECX AEY SHOE IGTE IDSY AERTA

Disaster Of The Day: SRLS -- My God did this hurt. I still had 80% of orignial position and woke up to quite a shock this morning as I sold the rest for a 39% loss. It happens. This is a war not a battle. There will always be setbacks on your way to financial victory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Peahi going off?

Anonymous said...

As I was reading your previous posts, I have seen that you listed some good books. I am already getting Reminescence for a Stock trader, but I was whondering if there is a good book to teach you everything from technical analysis to day trading?

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

Peahi was trying but the direction was wrong. "The Bay" was firing!
......................................
There is no book that I know of that teaches everything. If it existed I am not sure it would be that good.

Your best bet is to just buy those books on that list. Then if you want to learn daytrading (I hope you are talking about futures and not stocks) check out "Stocks and Commodities" magazine website.

Sidenote: Daytrading stocks is a fools game. The big money in stocks is made in the long hold. That is just history, not my opinion. Daytrading futures with a lot of leverage is the only worthwhile way to make a great living daytrading. I don't know too many professional daytraders in stocks.

Investors Business Daily CANSLIM is the best way to make money, consistently, in the stock market. AAII has an independant study on a lot of strategies, from 1998 to present, and CANSLIM is always on top.