Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Markets Mixed; Short-Term Weakness Seen In Small Caps And Technology

I have to hang up the Christmas light and ornaments all night and all day tomorrow. But hopefully in between that and putting up the Christmas tree I can find time to elaborate on the short-term weakness that I see in the markets.

Side Note: I still don't understand why we put up Christmas trees in Hawaii or much less California or Texas. In my personal opinion, you need either cold weather or snow. And last time I checked you can't have "real" snow without cold weather. Christmas just doesn't feel like Christmas on Hawaii. But I am sure it is the same in California too. But I do understand the importance of the Christmas tree and the manger scene. So, therefore, I do understand why we have it up. But I still think it is odd to have a Christmas tree in Hawaii. Whatever. It makes the girlfriend happy. That is all that matters.

New Swing Longs: PNRG HAWK TXCO NKE VSEC

Longs Outperforming Market: GMXR-149% MFLX-99% PETS-84% MCX-73% HHGP-60% NRPH-54% GES-51% OXPS-50% MIDD-44% SMTS-40% GOL-33% FWLT-30% AKAM-29% TSCM-27% TEVA-25% CLZR TLEO PAY NUHC ORA RTLX SRCL BEAV ROK LIFE EFII RADN ARDI STXN DEPO AXE CDI

New Swing Shorts: ASR CAE

Shorts Outperforming Market: NONE

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how you feel about ford as a swing trade

Anonymous said...

Good to see you getting in the festive spirit Josh! I can't get online through the normal methods so I'm limitted to email and your blog to keep in touch - Next Thursday I'll be back :-).

Look after yourself mate and keep up the great work!

Speak soon.

- WC

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

which ford? Actually, it doesn't matter. Both suck. I don't like any stock trading under its 50 day and 200 day moving averages. I will never go long any stock below these moving averages.

But, F (ford motor co) does appear to be bottoming. I like the positve recent action and the positive technical divergence I have on some indicators.
...................................

Hello, WC. The room has been very quiet recently. So you have not been missing much.

Good luck getting reconnected.

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

positive divergence on some technical indicators.

I type faster than I think. Not good. :)