Monday, June 20, 2005

Another Interesting Day. It Is Never Boring

Even though I have been selling some longs I still am finding plenty of new ones to replace the others. This is the kind of action you like to see during a strong uptrend. Another positive sign was the intraday support we got on the indexes. We keep making these very nice tail patterns (look at an SP500 daily since May) on the indexes. That is what I like to see.

Swing Long Positions: KEYW WLT WAB COGT MCEL TMY OIIM PLL UPCS CVTX SSTR TAYC

2 comments:

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

Every buy and sell decision is base on the chart. The chart is what makes me decide to buy, hold, skip, or sell.

Fundamentals however are extremely important. I always look at the CANSLIM traits from IBD on Daily Graphs to make sure the stocks I am looking at aren't complete waste of time. The stocks with the best fundamental data will be the larger positions in my account.


Earnings and Sales growth past 4 quarters to 12 quarters are extremely important, however. You always want to see some growth or there is no reason for the price to go higher.

Most important part about buying stocks. Make sure the sector you are in is in a strong uptrend and the market is in an uptrend. Unless the sector is extremely strong. 3 out of 4 stocks follow the markets lead.

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

Look at the title of my blog. LOL.

Seriously I use Tc2005. I also have links to the stuff I use. Do some exploring and good luck.