Thursday, June 23, 2005

Swing long and shorts

I am going to raise more cash tomorrow in my NYSE stocks. The nasdaq stocks I own still look good to really strong. NYSE sucks!

New Swing Longs (not so new): ACU HLEX KCS BRCM XRTX NICE IMNY BT

New Swing Shorts: BGC AZ JAKK HSC LUV AVID TNM NX

Remember, with shorts, you have to not just open a short at the open tomorrow. You have to either wait for a pullback (err...pullup) to key moving averages or the old high before entering the position. That is, of course, unless it is less than 5% from the ideal short opportunity. Then, duh, you short that ticker symbol.

KEEP GOING PISTONS

Aloha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you post more info for your longs like what to look for and info on why you think its good?


I have been watching you site alot lately and I like your stuff. Just wondering how you are researching and finding good stocks.

Anonymous said...

Pistons lost. Oh well, better luck next year..er, wait, you won last year, so no sympathy!

I read your site daily. Keep up the good work.

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

For longs I look for the markets to be in a rally/uptrend mode and for it, hopefully, to be in a strong sector.

The criteria I set for a long is:
Price is above 50 day moving average. 50 day moving average is above 200 day moving average. Volume is at least 1.5x the 50 day volume average. Last but not least you can not just pick willy-nilly. The stocks have to be coming out of sound chart patterns like cup w/ handle, saucer base, double bottom, pennat/flag formations, ascending base, etc.

Hope this helps. :)

The reason I dont post buy and sells of stocks is I believe I deserve to be paid for that. By just listing them that should help novice investors.

Aloha