Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Democrats Take Congress; Stocks Keep Rallying.

****New Swing Longs: ULTI SUG BOBJ FMTI AW Adding to Positions: GENT AXTI****

Stocks On Watchlist: SRVY LVS CTS PNCL ACMR SPRT PAE RIV SQM

I am still out of commission. I am just using a friends laptop to write commentary and will have access to my friends computer tonight to post new longs.

After a shift in Congress possibly led to early selling, stocks reversed to close higher. That gave the Nasdaq its highest close in five years, a third day of gains for the SP and DJIA, the DJIA a new all-time high, and the fourth day of gains for the SP 600.

At the close, the SP 600 led to the upside with a .7% gain, the Nasdaq followed with a .4% gain, the SP 500 and DJIA lagged with a .2% gain.

Volume was lower on the Nasdaq and higher on the NYSE, with breadth positive on the Nasdaq by a 3-to-2 margin and by a 5-to-3 margin on the NYSE.

Today saw a very bullish reversal by the markets. It is hard to find any fault in that. If you are a bull, I wouldn't get too cocky over the recent action. However, you can't deny that you have been right while all the "smart" bears have been wrong ONCE AGAIN.

The real story, of course, was the elections. The fact that there was no huge selloff and everything remained with the trend proves that the news was already cooked in the books. Just like it always is. HMO's, however, did get hit on the news with the HMO stocks taking some of the biggest hits on the day. Oil did well, thanks to an uptick in prices but possibly by the fact that California voters rejected the completely stupid and insane gas tax. Are you liberal-anti-capitalist-I-never-saw-a-tax-I-didn't-like nuts? I guess you are. Well at least you have the Congress now. Let's see what you can tax now!!

Another bullish posture for this market is CSCO. CSCO jumped 9% afterhours which can only be taken as bullish.

That along with the market hitting new highs shows that the trend is up and the trend, remember, is your friend. Fighting this trend by trying to be a "super smart" bear is only going to make you look "broke and retarded" in the end. JUST LIKE ALWAYS. Waiting for the market to rollover before beginning your "oh so cool" bear operations is the smart play while stocks keep rallying in your face.

I have not scanned my charts yet tonight but somehow I doubt I will have a lot of selling to do when I do get to my accounts. I am sure most stocks are still going with the trend. Just like they do when the markets go higher. If your stocks are not going up while the market is, you better start selling some laggards and finding some winners. If you can't find any winners that may be a sign that the market is ready for a breather.

We will see if that is the case after I get to scan my charts. Funny thing is, boys and girls, even though I don't have my own hardware and am using other peoples equipment, do you think I feel lost? HELL NO. I am still as in-synch as I ever was. All I need to know is what the market is doing. THAT IS IT!!!! YOU DON'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE! Are you listening to me? All you need is to know what the market is doing. Simple price and volume. That is it. KISS!!!

Do I have my doubts about this market? Yes. Do I care about my doubts while this market goes up? No! That is that with what I have to say for now. I will be back later on to list the longs here.

Aloha and I will see you at Investors Paradise...hopefully, very soon. It is up to DELL and FedEx when they want me to be up. :)

No comments: