Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Notes From Yesterday's Missed Commentary.

This action is really nice after last week. But I had 445 stocks on my list tonight compared to 510 on Monday. So some of the momentum feels like it is slowing already. Still another accumulation day is better than a selloff. Even though it was a minor acc. day, it still was an accumulation day.

I love what IBD wrote last night about....

....Some pundits linked Tuesday's midterm elections to gains in the stock and bond markets.

Others noted that November and December have historically been strong months for stocks.

A few pointed to past instances of market rallies occurring after a major event or period of uncertainty, such as an election.

Such suggestions make for enticing headlines, but they shouldn't be treated as gospel.

As the summer wound to a close, pundits warned that September historically is the worst month for stocks. Traders would return from their summer vacations in a foul mood, we were told.

Instead, the Nasdaq surged 3.4%, continuing the rally in effect today.

The market often looks ahead several months as it charts its course. Today's blaring headline may not have as big an impact as one would expect if tomorrow's news changes.

Keep watching the daily and weekly price and volume action of the major market indexes. Make sure to also track the action of market leaders. Treat all other factors as secondary.

...They echoed the exact thing I discussed the day before but did it much clearer than I ever could have.

Bottom line is your opinions and my opinions don't matter.

The elections dominated the headlines today. This is going to continue to dominate the headlines. I don't expect anything crazy except the trend to stay in place. I know that may seem crazy but whatever.

I am using a friends laptop to write this and I will write commentary about today's market in about three hours. I just wanted to post this. I will be able to scan my charts tonight at my friends house so I will have new longs posted tonight. Unless, he goes somewhere, then I am fucked.

I will be back soon enough. I have not ordered my computers yet but the new harddrive is in the mail. I will see you when I see you at Investors Paradise. Aloha!

No comments: