Monday, May 09, 2005

CKCM

I also noticed something in hindsight today...On Friday I mentioned how much I like the fundamental/technical patterns in CKCM. Well after today's 9% move, I can see I made a mistake. That move yesterday was a breakout from a proper W-bottom chart pattern that started in early Feb, made first bottom in March, second lower bottom on lower volume on May 1st, and broke out on Friday.

The 43% move blinded me to the fact that this stock broke out none-the-less. If I would have just been a little more aleart I would have noticed that from the 2002 bottom to the 2005 top, it moved 5,805%. That would of helped me notice the W-bottom within the larger uptrend and could have alowed me to gain an entry today. Instead I now have to wait for that pullback.

It is never losing money that bothers traders, it is missing out on the huge winners that hurt the most.

No comments: