Thursday, September 01, 2005

Consolidating Gains

The markets were mixed, basically up or down .3%. Volume was lighter but still above average at the NYSE. The NYSE also had some good breadth today, giving the session a positive overall tone.

There is basically nothing changed from yesterday.

My data provider is down for some odd reason. It was working one hour ago and now is not working so I can not scan my charts. I do know that there were a lot of good looking charts in the scan and the numbers of stocks showing up in the scans were high. So I am sure there are some good longs to take tomorrow morning, but without my TCNet working I am lost for new ideas.

I wonder if there will ever be a day when something works all the time. Probably not. I should just kick myself in the behind for not doing my work after the market closed. Another lesson learned. I guess I rely too much on thinking TCNet should always work. Funny, I have gotten so used to them being so good that I forgot how often I have problems with InteractiveBroker.

2 AM Hawaiian Standard Time: Server is fixed!!

New Swing Longs: BLDR UHCP ENY ABGX BVN SVC BRKR GERN

Longs Outperforming Market: VIVO USLM UQM SIRF ASTE MINI WSSI RGLD ENER SPN RES INFA

New Swing Shorts: CSCD HOT SONC

Shorts Outperforming Market: JOE JCP STX

On The Radar Screen: GV OZN VSR ACAD DECT MDZ TTES IAL OCCF

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joshua
After a brief vacation I'm back to the markets and to the MauiTrader system. I have several questions in my backlog and if you don't mind I will ask the first two today:
In a reply about a month ago you mentioned to me the Top 200 Composite list which I find very interesting. I have difficulties exporting it to a text file to be used in TCNet. I have used a feature in Acrobat which allows to select a table so I can paste it to a txt file but it is a cumbersome method as there is a lot of touch-up-work to do by hand and it is not precise. Any suggestions? Would eTables help put together a similar list if not the same?
In your original MauiTrader method you mentioned a very basic template with BOP in the bottom. Do you look at or consider at all MoneyStream (MS) or any other volume/price/moneyflow indicator?
Hope all is well with you and looking forward to fine-tune the MauiTrading system.

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

Hi Luca.

I hope you had a great vacation.

I just want to remind you, this is not a system. This is simply a method of actively investing in the stock market with stocks showing momentum.

Top 200: I put each symbol in the list into a watchlist on TCNet manually. I type each one, one at a time, into the watchlist. I can type very fast and it helps me memorize all the ticker symbols.

Indicators: BOP in the bottom, yes. And yes I do use MoneyStream. I put it in the middle chart window with my volume and 50 day volume average line. I like to see this indicator have positive divergences or make new highs before the price. It is a secondary/thirdary indicator.

Hope all is well and look forward to next round of questions.

Aloha.