Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving Day Everyone!

There is no commentary tonight as it is unnecessary to comment on pre-holiday trading. I will also not be posting market commentary after Friday's close, for the same reason.

Instead I plan on writing a series of columns this weekend relating to:

My trading: How I scan, setup, etc...

How I got involved in trading: What I am thankful for

Position Management, etc...

New Swing Longs: JBL ISO QSFT ECIL GHM HEII AMS

Longs Outperforming Market: RATE-90% BBD-84% ANAD-64% SPNC-66% RY-36% CWTR CTHR AKAM CHE PTC OXM NXG BBBB RNOW DEZ KPA JDSU ICTG UIC

New Swing Shorts: WEBX POSS

Shorts Outperforming Market: NONE

Stocks On Radar Screen: WZEN ISE MSSR MCBI ARCAF ALNY COBR VLG OSUR

Disaster Of The Day: ALXN. Ouch!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you close your position on SNTO ? , can you write how you close position ? , I am new to your blog , but from the little i saw , you know what you are doing. and of course, thanks a lot.
if you can write about the position you close at the end of the day, it will be good, and very helpful.

thank you very much.

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

Shalom, Israel.

I have not sold any of my SNTO yet. I would sell 1/2 no matter what with a close below 6.90. The other 1/2 would be sold, with a break below the 6.25 level. I would not make SNTO a big posiition because it is speculative.

I am going to be writing some articles this weekend dealing with, hopefully if I find the time, selling, buying, scanning, and managing stocks. I have been very busy, due to the Thanksgiving holiday, so it might not happen. But I will do my best.

I apologize, but I will never give any sells. For me to do that, I have to get paid for it. Because I am constantly trimming and selling down posiitions which helps me lock in profits yet if it runs score some big gains. The best place I can tell you to look to learn how I sell stocks is by going to www.investors.com, going to the learning centre, and then reading the section "how to sell stocks."

If this was a paid advisory service or whatever, I would post buys with price, sells with price, and reason for trade. For now this is free and I can only give so much to be fair to myself.

Thank you for your kinds words. Aloha.