Thursday, November 10, 2005

It Is Hard To Stop Momentum On The Upside

Markets can travel further and faster than you think. Go back and look at every bull phase of the market past 20 years. You will see during every bull market there were few pullbacks. Momentum once it gets started to the upside is hard to stop. Overbought markets can remain overbought for a long time. So all you perma-bears out there should wake up to reality and realize you are dealing with one of those kind of markets right now. Until this market rolls over you are playing with fire if you are shorting stocks. Remember, three out of four stocks follow the general trend of the market. That trend is long and strong.

If you hate GWB, fine. If you dont like the deficit, fine. I dont either. If you dont like the war, fine. But who cares what we think. The only thing that matters is the facts and as you will see below the facts speak for themselves. This is a great market for longs. Period. There is a lot of money being made on the long side right now. Now is definitely not the time to be bearish.

If anyone is wondering why I am addressing this subject it is because I monitor a lot of chat rooms and I am shocked by the traders who have been trading for 15+ years that still can not read the market and can not seperate their emotions from their trading. After 10 years it still feels like I am in the very first stock market chat room I ever entered. Some thing never change. Thank God!

New Swing Longs: ADP SRCL RSTI ASPM DJO ERS TOMO EMT MEL UIC

Longs Outperforming Market: DESC-184% LCC-60% ACR-48% MESA-37% AAI-35% MIDD-28% OXPS-27% LTON-26% EAGL-25% TRAD CMED LMIA MRGE MNST CRDN FAST LOGI STJ PAYX BNT MDCC SIGI SAY ISIL KEYS HSP CPTS NFLX WEBM Q ABAX GAIA PEGA NUHC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow just found this website and i really like it, can someone explain it a bit? Like what do you mean by "new long swings"?

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

Hello.

I am Joshua. I started this blog because I realized a while ago that I outperform most of the commentators on some of the websites I read. realmoney.com, marketwatch.com, and others. Therefore, I decided to start my own blog and see if my performance couldnt speak for itself. Doing this I hope in time I can gather a readership and maybe one day get paid to write about the market.

If it happens, great. If not, it doesnt matter because I keep a personal diary of my daily trading anyway. But hopefully I can get some readers and help some people along the way become financially independant.

New Swing Longs: These are stocks that I will be buying at market the next day. Sometimes, if the open is near the close of the day before, it is a market order. If it gaps too much I will buy some at market and put in a limit to buy some more if it pulls back.

Questions are always welcome so feel free to voice your opinion.

I know some people read this but not a whole lot comment. I mainly get the kind of comment you left behind. So questions are definitely welcome. I wish you luck in your trading.

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

not just any kind of luck. Good luck. :-)