Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Boring Day, Inside Day, and Some Smallcap Weakness

Really a pretty boring day overall for the markets as volume rolled in lower across the board. This suggest it's consolidation time, per my comments yesterday, for the indexes. The smallcaps and midcaps were weaker but nothing to get freightened about. I sold down some longs that showed some great gains on some charts that look a little parabolic for the short term. Doesnt mean I sold them all but I did pair them down by my usual 1/4 sells. Besides that, not much else to talk about. Unless you want to talk about Bernie Ebbers and WCOM. For me I have heard enough on CNBC to last me a lifetime.

New Swing Longs: TOA DXYN OPMR(own since January, but was not writing blog then) AWA ESLR ASML NTRS ADCT AWRE

Swing Longs That Did Great Today: ENG KNDL ILMN OPMR DRRX WEL DESC CCC DCEL STEM VASC

New Swing Shorts: HMA UHS LGF CRAI WCN. The whole medical sector took a hit today. If there are low volume rallies and subsequent high volume breakdowns in these stocks they will make great shorts: LSCP HCA HITK CYH ABT SRZ. But if this happens dont overstay your welcome. These stocks have GREAT GREAT GREAT fundamentals so they will not fall 50%. If they do crack, 10% would be the most I would look for in these. Dont be greedy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another good swing today that I got in before the close is "av".

Its up almost 3% aftermarket already.

Anonymous said...

what is your opinion on MSFT

Anonymous said...

When I have spoke to you before, you spoke about how the quality stocks are over $20 and that you loaded up on stocks over $20 with Scottrade. As far as shorts are concerned, are the 'quality' shorts below $20?

Anonymous said...

Any hot looking longs to buy on the close josh?

Joshua "MauiTrader" Hayes said...

I never have any opinions on any stocks.

Read "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" by Edwin LeFebvre.

Vince, please, do not ask a question like that again. I do not look for "hot" stocks to buy at the close. The only stock that is "hot" is one that goes up. And I can not predict the future.

Aloha