Monday, April 18, 2005

Do nothing day

Today appears to be a dead cat bounce on the indexes. All closed higher but in the lower half of their daily price range. Not positive action. Volume also came in lower than Friday's selling. Not strong support.

I found some longs (but have mentioned almost all of them already in the past -- that is a good thing) and some shorts. But nothing dramatic on either side.

Longs:
WGAT
MDR
KV--A
SIVB
AVL
CHTT
AWGI
UPFC

Remember with longs you can cut the loss at a breach of today's lows or if it is really close to the 50dma you can cut it with a breach of the moving average.

Shorts:
CAI
IPMT
NLC
ELOS are the best four.
PSYS
MCK
HNP
WSO
PVN
MAR
ABC
AOS
SNMX round out some other charts breaking down at key resistance areas.

I want to mention also that I am not perfect. For example I took a beating on my CNTY long today (-13%) but with all the profits I have in my short positions it never (as should always be the case) even hurts the portfolio. Also remember limitng longs is crucial when the markets are in a downtrend like now. Trying to catch the current falling knife is just plain silly when the only charts that look good are medicals.

ALOHA

No comments: